LO MAI GAI
LO MAI GAI
Lo Mai Gai is a popular dish in Hong Kong style dim sum restaurants. The steamed glutinous rice is soft but chewy and has a touch of ginger. The marinated chicken and mushroom as well as the slightly sweet lap cheong complement the taste of the Lo Mai Gai.
1. : Add in all seasoning and mix well.
2. : Add in all seasoning and mix well.
3. : Heat the wok, add in cooking oil. Add in garlic and ginger, cook over heat until fragrant. Add in soaked glutinous rice and mix well. Mix seasoning with water, then add to glutinous rice and cook until fragrant.
4. Divide all ingredients into portions.
1. Brush the bowl with some oil.
2. Arrange the chicken, lap cheong and mushroom at the bottom of the bowl.
3. Add in glutinous rice, press down with wet hand until the rice is firm.
4. Add in of plain water (or mushroom soaking water).
5. Arrange the bowls in steaming racks.
6. Bring the water of steamer to the boil, turn to heat, steam for .
7. After 50 minutes, the Lo Mai Gais are ready to be served!
Photo & Recipe credited to: My Kitchen 101
Ingredients used in this recipe
|1||Erawan Glutinous Rice Flour||500g||1||RM 4.50|
|2||Double Swallow Corn Starch||400g||1||RM 1.80|
|3||Vesawit Cooking Oil||500g||1||RM 5.30|
|4||MCCORMICK White Pepper Ground||35g||1||RM 13.50|
|5||Shitake Mushrooms||pack (~200g)||1||RM 5.65|
|6||White Garlic||~500G||1||RM 5.95|
|7||Knife Pure Sesame Oil||630mL||1||RM 17.60|
|8||Cap Tamin Dark Soy Sauce||630mL||1||RM 6.89|
|9||Woh Hup Oyster Sauce||500mL||1||RM 5.60|
|10||Woh Hup Light Soy Sauce||630mL||1||RM 6.98|
|11||Prai Coarse Grain Sugar||1kg||1||RM 2.85|
|12||Aji No Moto Seasoner||100g||1||RM 2.90|
|13||Bentong Old Ginger||~ 300g||1||RM 11.90|
Add Your Review
- Focus Only On The Recipe And Its Features.
- Base The Review On Your Own Personal Experience.
- Do Not Share Anything Irrelevant To The Recipe.
- Do Not Include Fraudulent, False, Misleading Or Deceptive Information.
- Do Not Use Profane, Vulgar, Obscene, Defamatory, Threatening, Or Discriminatory Language.