Cooking your own Assam Laksa at home is not difficult but quite time consuming as there are a lot of ingredients needed to yield a pot of delicious Laksa soup.
1. Bring 3300 ml of water to the boil in a large pot, turn to heat, cook kembung fish for . Drain cooked fish, remove flesh from fish. Break fish bones into smaller pieces.
2. Blend red chilies with 200 ml of water until fine. Pound shallot, garlic, galangal, turmeric and lemongrass.
3. Add fish bones, blended chilli, pounded ingredients, bird’s eye chilies, ginger flower, pineapple, daun kesum, tamarind pieces, tamarind paste and belacan to fish stock. Bring to the , reduce to heat, cover and cook for .
4. Remove ingredients from the stock, then strain the stock through a sieve.
5. Bring strained stock to the boil, add in kembung flesh, canned sardine, sugar, salt, ikan bilis stock granule and lemon juice.
6 Bring to the again, then the heat.
1. Blanch Laksa noodles with water, then rinse until with water.
2. Shred lettuce, onion and cucumber. Cut pineapple flesh into strips. Chop ginger flower. Cut bird’s eye chilies.
3. Dilute thick prawn paste with 3 tbsps of water.
1. Put Laksa noodles in deep serving plate, top with shredded ingredients, pineapple strips, chopped ginger flower and bird’s eye chilies.
2. Add in Laksa soup with fish flesh, garnish with mint leaves. Serve hot with diluted prawn paste if desired.
Photo & Recipe credited to: My Kitchen 101
Ingredients used in this recipe
|1||Cucumber||3 PCS||1||RM 4.95|
|2||Ayam B Sardines In Tomato Oval||425g||1||RM 11.20|
|3||Red Big Onion||Pack ~800g||1||RM 4.15|
|4||Mint Leaves||~20g||1||RM 2.55|
|5||Laksa Leaves/Daun Kesum||~25g||1||RM 1.95|
|6||Lemongrass/Serai||3 pcs||1||RM 1.55|
|8||White Garlic||~500G||1||RM 5.95|
|10||Bawang Kecil Thai/Thai Shallot||300g||1||RM 3.95|
|11||Josephine Pineapple||Piece||1||RM 3.80|
|12||Fresh Lemon||Pack (5-6pc)||1||RM 10.00|
|13||Soon Fatt Laksa Panjang||450g||1||RM 1.50|
|14||Mackerel (Kembong)||Kg||1||RM 25.90|
|15||Double Swallow Fine Salt||375g||1||RM 0.80|
|16||Prai Coarse Grain Sugar||1kg||1||RM 2.85|
|17||Penguin Asam Jawa||500g||1||RM 3.20|
|19||Knorr Anchovy Stock Cubes||10gx6||1||RM 3.10|
|20||Red Chilli Padi||100g/pack||1||RM 2.98|
|21||Iceberg Lettuce||pc||1||RM 6.55|
|22||Asam Keping||100g||1||RM 4.95|
|23||Prawn Paste||227g||1||RM 4.50|
Add Your Review
- Focus Only On The Recipe And Its Features.
- Base The Review On Your Own Personal Experience.
- Do Not Share Anything Irrelevant To The Recipe.
- Do Not Include Fraudulent, False, Misleading Or Deceptive Information.
- Do Not Use Profane, Vulgar, Obscene, Defamatory, Threatening, Or Discriminatory Language.