STEAMED TARO KUIH
STEAMED TARO KUIH
If you make Steamed Taro Kuih using rice flour, you will need to add some wheat starch to adjust the texture. If you can’t get rice flour or wheat starch, you may still make this delicious kuih using uncooked white rice. Bear in mind that it is white rice/beras putih (this recipe uses white rice such as Cap Rambutan, which is cheaper), NOT fragrant rice/Jasmine rice/beras wangi.
Yields: 25 pieces
- 125 g + 250 g taro (diced)
- 100 g shallot
- 75 g dried shrimp (soaked & drained, keep the water)
- 25 g mushroom (soaked & drained, keep the water)
- 250 g uncooked white rice (NOT fragrant rice/Jasmine rice) (keep refrigerated, soak overnight)
- 125 g + 550 g water from soaking ingredients
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 4 tsps fine sugar
- 1/3 tsp ground white pepper
- 2/3 tsp five spice powder
- 1 1/4 tsps chicken stock powder
- 1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
- 2 pcs red chili (diced)
1 Divide taro into 125 g and 250 g, steam over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, or until softened.
2 Slice shallot thinly. Finely chop soaked dried shrimp. Cut soaked mushroom into small pieces.
3 Drain soaked white rice (NOT fragrant rice/beras wangi).
8 Cook over medium heat until thickened.
13 Cut into pieces using plastic knife after unmoulding.
Ingredients used in this recipe
|1||Red Chili||~200g||1||RM 6.95|
|2||Spring Onion||100g||1||RM 3.55|
|3||MCCORMICK White Pepper Ground||35g||1||RM 13.50|
|4||MASTERFOODS Chinese Five Spice||30g||1||RM 16.45|
|6||Double Swallow Fine Salt||375g||1||RM 1.10|
|7||Prai Caster Sugar||500g||1||RM 2.45|
|8||Tumix Chicken Stock||120g||1||RM 3.70|
|10||Yam||pc (~500g)||1||RM 11.95|
|11||Bunny Fresh Dried Mushroom||40g||1||RM 4.55|
|12||Bawang Kecil/India Shallot||500g||1||RM 5.15|
Reviews (0) Add Your Review
No reviews yet, be the first one!
Add Your Review
- Focus Only On The Recipe And Its Features.
- Base The Review On Your Own Personal Experience.
- Do Not Share Anything Irrelevant To The Recipe.
- Do Not Include Fraudulent, False, Misleading Or Deceptive Information.
- Do Not Use Profane, Vulgar, Obscene, Defamatory, Threatening, Or Discriminatory Language.