STEAMED PUMPKIN KUIH
STEAMED PUMPKIN KUIH
This Steamed Pumpkin Kuih is very rich and flavourful. Besides the significant amount of pumpkin, fried dried shrimp and mushroom are also added, the liquid added is also from dried shrimp and mushroom soaking water.
1. Steam pumpkin for until softened.
2. Mash steamed pumpkin with fork, add in salt, pepper and dried shrimp soaking water, mix well. Combine rice flour and wheat starch, sift into pumpkin mixture, mix until combined.
3. Add in mushroom soaking water gradually (about 8 tbsps.), mix until you have a smooth batter. ( Please refer to video for the consistency of the batter. The amount of water needed depends on the consistency of the batter, if the pumpkin you use contains more liquid, reduce the amount of water added. If you want the kuih to be softer, you may add a bit more water.)
4. Add shallot to of cooking oil, bring to the boil, cook over heat until . the heat, continue to stir until golden brown. Put fried shallot on a sieve to drain off the oil, set aside to cool.
5. Heat up of oil, add in dried shrimp, cook over heat for . Add in mushroom, cook for another until fragrant.
6. Add dried shrimp and mushroom to pumpkin mixture, mix well.
7. Pour batter into rectangle baking tray (coat with oil and line with baking paper), smooth the surface with wet spatula.
8. Steam over heat for .
9. the heat, top with spring onion and chili, cover and let it sits for before removing from steamer.
10. Set aside to cool completely before unmoulding.
11. Garnish with fried shallot after unmoulding.
Photo & Recipe credited to: My Kitchen 101
Ingredients used in this recipe
|1||Cap Teratai Blended Rice Flour||500g||1||RM 1.85|
|3||Swiss Brown Mushrooms||150g||1||RM 6.35|
|4||Cap Swallow Fine Salt||375g||1||RM 0.50|
|5||0101 Black Pepper Powder||80g||1||RM 8.50|
Add Your Review
- Focus Only On The Recipe And Its Features.
- Base The Review On Your Own Personal Experience.
- Do Not Share Anything Irrelevant To The Recipe.
- Do Not Include Fraudulent, False, Misleading Or Deceptive Information.
- Do Not Use Profane, Vulgar, Obscene, Defamatory, Threatening, Or Discriminatory Language.